Thursday 5 October 2017

Garnier Respons (Ultimate Blends) (Whole Blends) Conditioners




Source: Öob.se

This will be an overview of three Garnier Respons conditioners (Garnier Ultimate Blends or Whole Blends in some countries, as well as other names). I'll go over their ingredients and what I think they have to offer compared to salon brands (see My Hair Journey 12: Salon quality hair care with drugstore priced products for more info on the characteristics of salon quality brands). I’ve looked at Garnier Response Honey Treasures Conditioner,  Avocado Oil and Shea Butter Conditioner, and Oat Milk Delicacy Conditioner. I've only used the Honey Treasures and Oat Milk Delicacy myself, and posted a review on them on LHC awhile ago that I thought I'd quote here to start off:


Typically I CWC only once a week to avoid hygral fatigue, and I don't really need to wash more. But I have an unfortunate addiction to freshly washed hair, so lately I've CO'd some during the week - but I've restrained myself to at most every other day (sometimes I can even satiate my addiction somewhat by only damping my hair and using some spray oil, but that is off-topic). So yesterday I CO'd with a cleansing conditioner on my scalp and the Oat Milk Delicacy on my lengths as my first conditioner. Then I used the Honey Treasure as my second conditioner. I had high hopes, since looking at the ingredients lists, the Honey Treasure seems just a bit more hydrating due to having slightly more humectants - but that's really the only noticeable difference I can distinguish from just looking at the ingredients. I'd also used Honey Treasure as my first condition in my CWC-routine a couple of days earlier with wonderful results. I wrapped up in a turbie twist as usual, detangled with a wet brush after an hour, and hopped on my bike to go to Lidl. It's about a half-hour bike ride, and I figured it'd be just like using a hair dryer on the cool setting. Did all my shopping, got back fully dry an hour and a half later, and my hair was... Horrible. Dry, tangly, and my ends were such a mess I thought I'd done some irreparable damage to them. I was honestly super surprised and saddened. But then I detangled with a tangle teezer and BBB and suddenly my hair was great! The ends were a bit dry, but nothing a little oil couldn't fix, and the rest of the hair was soft, shiny, and not weighed down. This morning, my hair is still wonderful, and I can still smell the Honey Treasure!


Summary: Excuse my rambling. I love it. 4.5/5 ficcares from me!



Ingredients Overview

Recap:
Moisturising: ingredients that soak into the hair, improving elasticity
Protective: ingredients that coat the hair, improving detangling and shine, and locks in moisture
Protein: ingredients that fill in the cracks in the hair, improving strength
Humectants: ingredients that bind water to the hair, improving water moisture

Summary
All in all, they have quite similar ingredients. They have less moisturising ingredients than salon brands, though the Avocado Oil and Shea Butter has more than the other two. Avocado Oil and Shea Butter does have less humectants than the other two, though. All have more ingredients with drying side effects than in salon brands, but as a conditioner is a product that is applied in the shower, the hair is already soaked in water and I think (hope) that makes it a moot point – unless you have skin issues, of course! I had thought the Avocado Oil and Shea Butter would be heavier than the other two, due to the properties of avocado oil and shea butter, but both ingredients are quite far down the line and I think Honey Treasure and Oat Milk Delicacy has more other protective ingredients, so all in all it should balance out. What’s really missing is protein. And while some hairs like less protein, most will benefit from some, so using this conditioner you’d have to get your protein elsewhere.

Garnier Respons Honey Treasures Conditioner
Fairly cleansing and drying, lots of protective ingredients, enhanced absorption, some antistatics, some humectants, few moisturising ingredients, no protein. Drying may be counteracted by protective ingredients.
Garnier Respons Avocado Oil and Shea Butter Conditioner
Fairly cleansing and drying, lots of protective ingredients, enhanced absorption, some antistatics, some moisturising ingredients, few humectants, no protein. Drying may be counteracted by protective ingredients.
Garnier Respons Oat Milk Delicacy Conditioner
Fairly cleansing and drying, lots of protective ingredients, enhanced absorption, some antistatics, some humectants, few moisturising ingredients, no protein. Drying may be counteracted by protective ingredients.

Garnier Respons Honey Treasures Conditioner

Aqua
Cetyl Alcohol – protectivemild surfactant 
peg-180 – mild surfactant, humectant
ci 19140 / Yellow 5
ci 15985/ Yellow 6
Elaeis Guineensis oil/Palm oil – protects from breakage. Protective, moisturising.
Hydroxyethylcellulose
Dodecene – mild surfactant
Mel / Honey – humectant, protective, hair growth, hair health, disinfectant
Chlorhexidine Digluconate – mild surfactant, disinfectant
Poloxamer 407 – mild surfactant,
Limonene – also dipentene. hair growth, dandruff.
Benzyl Alcohol – lice
Benzyl Salicylate UV-light.
Isopropyl Myristate – kills liceenhances absorption of other ingredientsdrying.
2-oleamido-1,3- octadecanediol - protective
Propolis Extract – protective
Myristyl Alcohol protective.
Cetrimonium Chloride – disinfectant, antistatic
Cetyl Esters – protective
Bht – hair growth, hair health
Citric Acid dryingchelatingdisinfecting, dandruff, hair growth
Lauryl PEG/ppg-18/18 Methicone –protective
Coumarin
Royal Jelly – protective
Parfum – Potentially drying.

Fairly cleansing and drying, lots of protective ingredients, some humectants, enhanced absorption, some antistatics, few moisturising ingredients, no protein. Drying may be counteracted by protective ingredients.

Garnier Respons Avocado Oil and Shea Butter Conditioner

Aqua
Cetearyl Alcohol mild surfactantprotective.
Elaeis Guineensis Oil – protects from breakageProtectivemoisturising.
Behentrimonium Chloride – antistaticmoisturising, and disinfecting.
ci 15985 / Yellow 6
ci 19140 / Yellow 5
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine – mild surfactant, protective.
Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride – disinfectant
Isopropyl Alcohol – Disinfectantdryingincreases absorption of other ingredients
Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil Moisturisingprotective
Citric Acid – dryingchelatingdisinfecting, dandruff, hair growth
Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter – protective.
Hexyl Cinnamal
Glycerin protective, humectant.
Parfum – potentially drying.

Fairly cleansing and drying, lots of protective ingredients, enhanced absorption, some antistatics, some moisturising ingredients, few humectants, no protein. Drying may be counteracted by protective ingredients.

Garnier Respons Oat Milk Delicacy Conditioner

Aqua / Water
Cetyl Alcohol protectivemild surfactant 
peg-180 – mild surfactant, humectant
Elaeis Guineensis Oil – protects from breakageprotectivemoisturising.
Hydroxyethylcellulose
Dodecene – mild surfactant
Sodium Hydroxide
Sodium Benzoate
Stearyl Alcohol mild surfactantprotective.
Avena Sativa Kernel Extract – hair growth, hair health, protective
Poloxamer 407 – mild surfactant
Limonene hair growth, dandruff
Benzoic Acid
Benzyl Salicylate UV-light.
Benzyl Alcohol – lice
Linalool kills fleas.
Xanthan Gum – protective
Isopropyl Myristate – kills liceenhances absorption of other ingredientsdrying.
Isostearyl Alcohol – protective
Myristyl Alcohol  – protective
Cetrimonium Chloride – disinfectant, antistatic
Cetyl Esters – protective
BHT hair growth, hair health
Citric Acid – dryingchelatingdisinfecting, dandruff, hair growth.
Potassium Sorbate - disinfectanthumectant
Lauryl PEG/ppg-18/18 Methicone – water-soluble, protective
Coumarin
Hexyl Cinnamal
Oryza Sativa Starch / Rice Starch
Parfum / Fragrance Potentially drying.

Fairly cleansing and drying, lots of protective ingredients, enhanced absorption, some antistatics, some humectants, few moisturising ingredients, no protein. Drying may be counteracted by protective ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment